Metal Gear Online's SOS Brigade

Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > I have a dream...

Sashemai

I am happy to join with you today in what will go to the top choices of all search engines as the greatest thread for freedom in the history of gaming.A score and three years ago, a great Japanese man , in whose symbolic shadow we lay on couches or floors fixated on our boob tubes today, released Metal Gear. This momentous release came as a great beacon light of hope to millions of gamers who had been seared in the flames of mundane plot lines. It came as a joyous daybreak to end the long night of obliterating everything in sight.

But twenty three years later, the video gamist still is not free. Twenty three years later, the life of the gamer is still sadly crippled by the manacles of lag and the chains of breaking the TERMS OF SERVICE. Twenty three years later, the gamer lives on a lonely island of lost years in the midst of a vast ocean of lagswitch douchebags. Twenty three years later, the gamer is still languished in the corners of Videogame society and finds him/herself (yes, girls do play videogames) an exile in his/her own land. And so we've come here today to dramatize a shameful condition.

In a sense we've come to our Playstation 3 to play a game. When the architects of Kojima designed the magnificent history of the Metal Gear Saga, they were designing a promissory note to which every PS3 owner was to fall heir (as long as they could afford it). This note was a promise that all people, yes, boy people as well as girl people, would be guaranteed the Rights of Life, Liberty and the pursuit of gaminess (not talking about the taste of meat)." It is obvious today that Konami has defaulted on this promissory note, insofar as her citizens of The Gear are concerned. Instead of honoring this sacred obligation, Konami has given the gamers a scratched disc, a disc which has come back marked "unreadable."

But we refuse to believe that the disc of MGS4 is corrupted. We refuse to believe that there are errors in the great vaults of entertainment of this Saga. And so, we've come to play this game, a game that will give us upon demand the riches of high definition and the security of the TERMS OF SERVICE.

We have also come to this hallowed spot to remind Konami and those who abuse the system of the fierce urgency of Now. This is no time to engage in the luxury of cooling off or to take the tranquilizing darts of gradualism. Now is the time to make real the promises of future gaming. Now is the time to rise from the dark and desolate valley of low resolution to the bright path of fun and fair play. Now is the time to lift our nation from the quick sands of system abuse to the SOLID rock of brotherhood. Now is the time to make justice a reality for all of Kojima’s admirers.

It would be fatal for the community to overlook the urgency of the moment. This sweltering summer of the gamer's legitimate discontent will not pass until there is an invigorating autumn of fun and fairness. Two-thousand ten is not an end, but a beginning. And those who hope that the cheaters needed to blow off steam from their unpleasant and failing lives and will just start playing fair will have a rude awakening if Kojima returns to business as usual. And there will be neither rest nor tranquility in the gaming world until the blasphemers are stuffed in cardboard boxes both metaphorically as well as literally. The whirlwinds of revolt will continue to shake the foundations of our community until the bright day of all-around proper play emerges.

But there is something that I must say to my people, who stand on the warm threshold which leads into the Nomad of justice: In the process of gaining our rightful place, we must not be guilty of wrongful deeds. Let us not seek to satisfy our thirst for freedom by drinking from the cup of bitterness and hatred and counter glitching. We must forever conduct our struggle on the high plane of dignity and discipline. We must not allow our proaness to degenerate into mimicking the lessers. Again and again, we must rise to the majestic heights of meeting brutal force with soul force.

The marvelous new militancy which has engulfed the red ping community must not lead us to a distrust of all red pings, for many of our red brothers/sisters, as evidenced by their presence here today, have come to realize that their destiny is tied up with our destiny. And they have come to realize that their freedom is inextricably bound to our freedom.

We cannot stealthily walk alone by lightly pushing L3 forward.

And as we walk, we must make the pledge that we shall always march ahead.

We cannot turn back.

There are those who are asking the gaming community, "When will you be satisfied?"

We can never be satisfied as long as the true gamer is the victim of the unspeakable horrors of system brutality. We can never be satisfied as long as our legs, heavy with the

fatigue of inactivity, cannot gain lodging in the popular lobbies of Otacon and Survival

rooms that pair up people of similar level. We cannot be satisfied as long as the gamer

is kicked from team and team because he/she is not a booster of the level. We can never

be satisfied as long as our clans are stripped of their self-hood and robbed of their dignity

by signs stating: "No Rushing." We cannot be satisfied as long as a gamer in Mexico

cannot play because he/she is kicked for The Ping and a gamer in New York believes he

has nothing for which to play because he/she is a single digit level and has not moved up

for three months. No, no, we are not satisfied, and we will not be satisfied until "justice

rolls down like MGS4’s specially designed waters, and righteousness like a mighty stream."

I am not unmindful that some of you have come here out of great trials and tribulations. Some of you have come kicked from you were powning in. And some of you have come from areas where your quest -- quest for GP left you battered by the storms of persecution and staggered by the winds of Faggotry brutality. You have been the veterans of creative suffering. Continue to work with the faith that unearned suffering is redemptive. Go back to Mexico, go back to Canada, go back to USA, go back to Egypt, go back to Spain, go back to the couches and bean bags of our countries, knowing that somehow this situation can and will be changed.

Let us not wallow in the alley of ambush, I say to you today, my friends.

And so even though we face the difficulties of today and tomorrow, I still have a dream. It is a dream deeply rooted in the Gamer’s dream.

I have a dream that one day this community will rise up and live out the true meaning of its TERMS OF SERVICE: " When we play, we agree to be respectful of our fellow players and to never engage in any behavior that would be abusive or offensive to other players, disruptive of the Online Game experience, fraudulent or otherwise illegal.”

I have a dream that one day on the red pings of Mexico, the sons of former noobs and the sons of veterans will be able to sit down together and connect in the online lobbies of brother/sisterhood.

I have a dream that one day even the country of Mexico, a state sweltering with the heat of poor connections, sweltering with the heat of lag, will be transformed into an oasis of green and 256k.

I have a dream that our characters will one day kill each other in a game where they will not be judged by the color of their ping but by respect each person share for one another.

I have a dream today!

I have a dream that one day, down in clan run room, with its vicious praos, with its leader having his/her lips dripping with the words of "GIT GUD" and "CRY MOAR" -- one day right there in North America little boys and girls will be able to join hands with big boys and girls as sisters and brothers.

I have a dream today!

I have a dream that one day every room shall be exalted, and every training room and lobby shall be made level based, the Expansion pack Survival will be made available to mediocre gamers, and the Automatch lobbies will be made orderly; "and the glory of Peacewalker shall be revealed and all flesh shall see it together."

This is our hope, and this is the faith that I go back to the PS3 with.

With this faith, we will be able to hew out of the Connection Not Stable of despair a grenade of hope. With this faith, we will be able to transform the jangling excuses of our world into a beautiful symphony of brother/sisterhood. With this faith, we will be able to work together, to play together, to fight together, to camp together, to play TSNE with Stealth off together, knowing that we will be free one day.

And this will be the day -- this will be the day when all of Kojima’s admirers will be able to with new meaning:

My community 'tis of thee, sweet threads of liberty, of thee I sing.

Land where my characters died, land of the gamer’s pride,

From every cardboard box, let freedom ring!

And if MGO is to be a great community, this must become true.

And so let freedom ring from the prodigious hilltops of Virtuous Vista.

Let freedom ping from the mighty mountains of Urban Ultimatum.

Let freedom ping from the vents of Hazard House.

Let freedom ping from the snow-capped Comm Towers of Icebound Inferno.

Let freedom ping from the staircases of Silo Sunset.

But not only that:

Let freedom ring from the parking lots of Outer Outlet.

Let freedom ring from dark pathways of Ambush Alley.

Let freedom ping from Sniper Towers of Groznyj Grad.

Let freedom ping from every waterway of Tomb of Tubes.

From every spawn point, let freedom ping.

And when this happens, when we allow freedom ping, when we let it ping from every room and every lobby, from every man and every woman, we will be able to speed up that day when all gamers, men and woman, Jews and Gentiles, Protestants and Catholics, Muslims and Agnostics (and all other religious beliefs) will be able to join hands and sing in the words of the old Negro spiritual:

Free at last! Free at last!

Thank God (or other preferred super being) Almighty, we are free at last!

--

:(SASHGod's Night Gown!

April 22, 2010 at 10:16 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Recent Forum Posts

PS4
by Monkeysamurai over a year ago
by MooMoo over a year ago
by nagato over a year ago
by MooMoo over a year ago

Recent Videos

418 views - 1 comment